The museum can be used for many events, including receptions, lectures, and meetings.
With the rental, attendees are invited to view the exhibitions in the open galleries. Museum staff-led tours of the exhibitions for attendees at your event are available upon request.
Food and drinks must be served in the lobby space.
Who may rent Museum facilities
- For-profit organizations and private individuals
- Non-profit organizations, which are not connected with UNL
- UNL departments and student organizations
Basic guidelines for Museum rentals
- The rental use must be consistent with the role and mission of the Museum. The Museum reserves the right to deny any request for use of the facility.
- Political or religious events are not permitted.
To make a reservation
To check availability and make a reservation to use the Great Plains Art Museum facilities, contact Gretchen Walker (402-472-0602), Facilities Coordinator.
The sponsoring organization must designate a responsible contact person. The responsible person’s signature on the reservation form indicates he or she has read the Facilities Use Guidelines and will assure that they are followed.
All reservation requests must be reviewed and approved by appropriate Center staff members. The reservation is confirmed only when a copy of the Facilities Use Request Form showing estimated fees is returned to the contact person of the sponsoring organization. A deposit for an approved event may be required.
Mail completed Facilities Use Request Form to:
Gretchen Walker, Facilities Coordinator
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Center for Great Plains Studies
1155 Q St, PO Box 880214
Lincoln, NE 68588-0214