About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Check out the Doug and Tony Show video links below to learn more about our program.
Pep Band Schedule for Friday Nights Prior to Home Football Games
- Misty's in Havelock (6235 Havelock Avenue) 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM performances
- Rosie's (130 North 10th Street) 8:00 PM performance
- Barry's Bar and Grill (235 North 9th Street) 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM performances
CMB Warm-up Concert and Route to Memorial Stadium on Game Days
Due to the renovation of Kimball Recital Hall and the construction of a new music building our warm-up concert location and route to Memorial Stadium has changed. Please note that the lawn on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall is a fenced-off construction zone. Also, the sidewalk on 11th Street from Q Street past Westbrook Music Building will be closed on game days because of construction zones.
The marching band will play their warm-up concert on the south side of Woods Art Building and on the west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art. Please keep this area clear so that the band can set up. The warm-up will begin one hour prior to kick-off.
New route to Memorial Stadium: The band will form up on the east side of the Sheldon Museum of Art on the sidewalk where North 12th Street ends. The band will proceed north on that sidewalk, then turn left onto T Street on the south side of Memorial Stadium, and then turn right onto Stadium Drive. As in the past, the band will enter Memorial Stadium through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium and through Gate 11 in the northwest corner of the stadium.
Thank you for your patience with our construction. The projects are exciting and will be wonderful spaces when the work is finished.
Marching Band Schedule: September 23 (Band Alumni Day)
- 8:00 AM: Westbrook Music Building open for CMB members and staff
- 8:15 AM: Band Alumni Board sets up outside WMB for check-in
- 8:30 AM: Percussion rehearsal begins at Memorial Stadium; Alumni Band check-in begins outside northeast entrance to WMB
- 9:00 AM: Full band rehearsal begins at Memorial Stadium
- 9:15 AM: Alumni Band indoor rehearsal begins in room 130 WMB
- 10:00 AM: Alumni Band joins outdoor rehearsal - to to the east sideline after entering the stadium
- 11:00 AM:End of rehearsal; break time
- 12:00 PM: Unity Walk (East Stadium) Misty's pep band; Chancellor's pre-game event (Union Centennial Room) Rosie's pep band
- 12:30 PM: Uniform inspection in room 119 WMB
- 12:45 PM: Alumni Band music run-through in room 130 WMB
- 1:00 PM: Battery percussion warm-up on Sheldon Museum of Art west steps; meeting in room 119 for remaining band members
- 1:30 PM: Warm-up concert on south side of Woods Art Building and west side of Sheldon Museum of Art
- 1:40 PM: Alumni Band lines up on east side of Sheldon Museum of Art
- 1:45 PM: Marching Band departs arts area for Stadium from the east side of Sheldon Museum of Art
- 2:30 PM: Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Louisiana Tech football game
- 6:00 PM: Approximate end of football game
- 6:30 PM: Marching Band returns to Westbrook Music Building
- 6:45 PM: Ranks E, F, and G clean up WMB
- 7:30 PM: Marching Band is done for the day