About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, October 20
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for band members, staff and faculty.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 9:00 AM Full marching band rehearsal in the stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 10:30 AM Minnesota Band rehearsal in the stadium begins.
- 11:00 AM End of CMB marching band and alumni outdoor rehearsal.
- 12:00 PM Robber's Cave pep band performance at the Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium.
- 12:00 PM Football Friday pep band performance at the President's pre-game event at the Lied Commons.
- 12:00 PM Misty's pep band performance at the Chancellor's pre-game event at the Nebraska Union.
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection, 119 WMB.
- 1:00 PM Meeting in 132 WMB for all CMB members except percussion battery. Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall.
- 1:45 PM Full marching band departs WMB for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Minnesota football game.
- 6:00 PM Approximate time that the marching band will depart the Stadium for Westbrook Music Building.
- 6:50 PM Load truck in the Lied Center loading dock.
- 7:35 PM Load buses on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts at N 12th and $ Street.
- 7:50 PM Buses depart campus for Seacrest Field.
- 8:20 PM Arrive at Seacrest Field; unload buses and truck.
- 9:05 PM Warm-up
- 9:25 PM Depart warm-up location.
- 9:35 PM On Deck
- 9:45 PM Performance for NSBA State Marching Band Competition
- 10:00 PM Load truck
- 10:45 PM Buses and truck depart Seacrest Field
- 11:15 PM Truck arrives at Stadium to unload front ensemble; buses arrive on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
- 11:35 PM Move truck to the Lied Center loading dock to unload remaining instruments. Finish WMB clean-up.
- 12:15 AM Band is dismissed after WMB clean-up is finished and rooms have been re-set.