About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Check out the Doug and Tony Show video links below to learn more about our program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Friday, September 30 Homecoming Parade Schedule
- 5:30 PM Report in uniform in front of KRH; warm-up; line up on R Street
- 6:00 PM Homecoming Parade begins
- 6:30 PM Homecoming Parade ends at the Bell Tower; band dismissed
Cornhusker Marching Band Saturday, October 1 Schedule
- 12:00 PM Westbrook Music Building is open for marching band students - use the northeast entrance only and show your game day pass
- 12:30 PM Percussion rehearsal begins at the stadium. Open to the public - use Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium
- 1:00 PM Full band rehearsal begins at the stadium. Open to the public - use Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium
- 3:00 PM Break time; meal on your own; change into uniform
- 4:00 PM Pep band performances at assigned locations
- 4:30 PM Uniform inspection in room 119 WMB
- 5:00 PM Drum line warm-up on west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art; Meeting in KRH for remainder of band
- 5:30 PM Full band warm-up outside on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall. Open to the public
- 5:45 PM Band departs for the stadium
- 6:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Indiana football game
- 10:00 PM Approximate end of football game
- 10:30 PM Band returns to Westbrook Music Building
- 10:45 PM Clean up WMB: ranks J and K
- 11:30 PM CMB members are finished for the day.