About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Highlights Concert
Wednesday, December 8, 7:30 PM, Cornhusker Marching Band Highlights Concert in the Lied Center. All tickets will be sold through the Lied Center Box Office, 402/472-4747. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens. Ticket fees are $3.00 per ticket for sales through the Lied Center Box Office (phone or in person) and $4.00 per ticket for web sales.
Check out the Doug and Tony Show video links below to learn more about our program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule, Saturday, October 30, 2021
Westbrook Music Building is closed to the general public on home football game days. Cornhusker Marching Band members must show their CMB game-day ID for admittance into Westbrook Music Building. Please note: Band members and visitors to the Saturday rehearsal may not park in posted fan parking lots on campus without a parking pass. Anyone parking in these lots without an appropriate parking pass will be towed at your expense.
- 8:00 AM Westbrook open for CMB students
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins at the stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3)
- 9:00 AM CMB outdoor rehearsal begins in stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3)
- 11:00 AM End of outdoor rehearsal; break and meal time; change into uniforms
- 12:00 PM Unity Walk pep band plays at Unity Walk (east stadium) and Football Friday pep band plays for Chancellor's pregame event on the Lied Center stage
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection in room 119 WMB
- 1:00 PM CMB meeting in KRH; battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art
- 1:30 PM CMB outdoor concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall
- 1:45 PM CMB departs for the stadium
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs Purdue
- 6:00 PM Approximate end of football game
- 6:30 PM CMB returns to Westbrook Music Building
- 6:45 PM Clean up WMB: L and M Ranks
- 7:30 PM Band out of Westbrook Music Building