All Band Ensembles:
All students participating in any Glenn Korff School of Music ensemble or performance must complete the electronic student release form:Student Release Form
Your My.UNL ID is required to log onto the Glenn Korff School of Music release form. Click on the link below if you are a new student who needs to activate your account for the first time.
REQUEST FOR EXCUSED ABSENCE: See the ensemble syllabus for grading information in regard to absences from ensemble rehearsals and/or performances. Submit a request for an absence from rehearsal PRIOR to the absence. It is permissible to submit a request for an excused absence after that absence in the event of illness or family emergency. Click on the appropriate ensemble name below to access the excused absence request form.
Cornhusker Marching Band iPad Check-in
All iPads must be returned to the Band Office (101 WMB) during the schedule below. The iPad is not considered to be checked in until all issued items have been returned. Those iPads returned after the deadline will be considered late and are subject to late fees as stated in the rental agreement.
CMB iPad Check-in Schedule:
Wednesday, December 7th through Friday, December 9th from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CMB iPad Check-in Instructions
- Update the operating system software to the latest version - iPadOS 16.1.1
- Delete all Apple accounts
- Re-set the iPad to factory settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content and Settings
- Charge the iPad to 100%
- Remove the lanyard from the case
- Clean the iPad screen
- Return all items to the Band Office (101 WMB) BY 3:30 PM on Friday, December 9.
NOTE: The process of updating and re-setting the iPad may take a few hours. Do not return the iPad until all steps have been completed.
Items to return - Replacement Cost
- iPad – $310.00
- Case with shoulder strap – $85.00
- Apple 12W USB Power Adapter – $25.00
- Apple Lightning to USB Cable – $25.00
Past Due Fees:
- 1 - 7 days past due: $25.00 (non-refundable) with a hold placed on records and registration
- 8 - 14 days past due: $50.00 (non-refundable)
- 15 days past due: the iPad and accessories will be reported to University Police as stolen property
Marching Band Members in Spring Big Red Express
Marching Band members participating in spring Big Red Express may extend the iPad rental through the spring semester. You must be enrolled in the Big Red Express class to be eligible for the extension. Please send an email to Jan Deaton to request the iPad contract extension through the spring semester.
Wanted: Winter Festival Counselors
Individuals interested in serving as a counselor for the Glenn Korff School of Music Winter Festival must complete an application form. Please see the link below. Applicants must be 19 years of age by the start date of the Festival to apply. Please note that you cannot save your answers and return to this document later to complete the form. Applicants must be a current member of a Glenn Korff School of Music ensemble in good standing or a current student of the Glenn Korff School of Music.
Winter Festival dates: February 3 - 5, 2023
The application deadline for Winter Festival counselor positions is 5:00 PM on Friday, December 2, 2022.