Membership in these ensembles is determined by a juried audition that takes place during the first week of classes in August for the fall semester and in late November or early December for the spring semester. Audition music is available in May for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. Printed copies can be obtained from the Glenn Korff School of Music’s instrumental music faculty or by downloading the music from this web page when it becomes available.
Auditions take place in Westbrook Music Building (WMB) and Kimball Recital Hall (KRH) as noted in the schedule on this page.
2019 FALL SEMESTER AUDITION SCHEDULE
The schedule and audition music will be posted as the information becomes available.
Monday, August 26
- Violins 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM in room 105 WMB
- Violas 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Cellos 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Trumpets 5:00 PM in room 114 WMB
- Horns 4:00 PM in room 114 WMB
- Trombones, Euphoniums and Tubas 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM in room 132 WMB
Tuesday, August 27
- Saxophones 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM in room 205 WMB
- Bassoons 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM in room 104 WMB
- Percussion 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM in room 132 WMB
- Oboes 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM in room 110 WMB
Wednesday, August 28
- Basses 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM on KRH stage
- Clarinets 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM in room 119 WMB. Note: the clarinet audition location was changed on July 16.
- Flutes 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM in room 130 WMB
FALL AUDITION MUSIC
Download the audition music by clicking on the appropriate box below.
Note: the euphonium and tuba audition music was updated on June 12.
Percussion audition instructions: Prepare solo or etude repertoire of your choice for the audition. Repertoire could include one or more instruments (marimba, snare, timpani, or similar), but the total audition should be equal to five minutes or less.