Large Concert Ensemble AuditionsEnsembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia (Opera and Chamber Orchestra)
Membership in these ensembles is determined by a juried audition that takes place during the first week of classes in August for the fall semester and in late November or early December for the spring semester. Audition music is available in May for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. Printed copies can be obtained from the Glenn Korff School of Music’s instrumental music faculty or by downloading the music from this web page when it becomes available.
Auditions take place in Westbrook Music Building (WMB) and Kimball Recital Hall (KRH) as noted in the schedule on this page.
2019 SPRING SEMESTER AUDITION SCHEDULE
The schedule and audition music will be posted as the information becomes available.
Monday, November 26, 2018
- 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM, low brass in room 130 WMB
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- 4:45 PM, clarinets in room 104 WMB
- 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM, flutes in room 114 WMB.
Monday, December 3
- 4:00 PM, horns in room 105 WMB
- 4:30 PM, trumpets in room 105 WMB
Tuesday, December 4
- 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, saxophones in room 009 WMB). Sign-up sheets outside Dr. Haar's studio (room 205 WMB)
- 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, oboes in room 110 WMB.
Thursday, December 6
- UPDATED TIME: 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM, saxophones in room 009 WMB). Sign-up sheets outside Dr. Haar's studio (room 205 WMB)
- 5:30 PM, bassoons in room 231 WMB
Sunday, January 6
- String auditions, times and locations in WMB to be determined.
Monday, January 7
- 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, percussion in room 132 WMB