Large Concert Ensemble AuditionsEnsembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia (Opera and Chamber Orchestra)
Membership in these ensembles is determined by a juried audition that takes place during the first week of classes in August for the fall semester and in late November or early December for the spring semester. Audition music is available in May for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. Printed copies can be obtained from the Glenn Korff School of Music’s instrumental music faculty or by downloading the music from this web page when it becomes available.
Auditions take place in Westbrook Music Building (WMB) and Kimball Recital Hall (KRH) as noted in the schedule on this page.
2017 FALL SEMESTER AUDITION SCHEDULE
The schedule and audition music will be posted as the information becomes available. Note that the schedule was revised on August 1, 2017.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 20
- Bassoons: 2:45 PM meet in room 231 WMB for instructions. Auditions from 3:00 PM in room 119 WMB
MONDAY, AUGUST 21
- Violins: 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM in room 105 WMB
- Horns: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM in room 110 WMB
- ALL CLARINETS: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM in room 119 WMB
- Cellos: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM in room 105 WMB
- Trumpets: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM in room 110 WMB
- Bass and Tenor Trombones: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM in room 130 WMB
- Violas: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM in room 105 WMB
- Euphoniums and Tubas: 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM in room 130 WMB
TUESDAY, AUGUST 22
- Saxophones (ensemble and quartets): 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM in room 205 WMB
- Percussion: 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM, location TBA
- Oboes: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM in room 110 WMB
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23
- Double Basses: 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM on the Kimball Recital Hall stage
- Flutes: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM in room 132 WMB