Audition information for the Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia (Opera and Chamber Orchestra)
Membership in these ensembles is determined by a juried audition that takes place during the first week of classes in August for the fall semester and in late November or early December for the spring semester, unless otherwise noted on this page. Audition music is available in May for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. Printed copies can be obtained from the Glenn Korff School of Music’s instrumental music faculty or by downloading the music from this web page when it becomes available.
Percussionists who are not music majors should contact Dr. Matt Rush to schedule an audition for the spring semester concert ensembles.
2023 SPRING SEMESTER AUDITIONS
The schedule is subject to change as events warrant.
Attention string players: Please arrive at the beginning of your instrument's audition period to sign up for an audition slot.
Monday, December 5, 2022
- Horns: 4:00 PM in room 105 WMB
- Trumpets: 4:30 PM in room 105 WMB
- Trombones: 7:00 PM to 8:15 PM in room 132 WMB
- Euphoniums and Tubas: 8:20 PM to 9:00 PM in room 132 WMB
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Oboes: 4:45 PM to 5:30 PM in room 105 WMB
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Clarinets: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in room 009 WMB
- Bassoons: 5:30 PM in room 231 WMB
- Flutes: 6:30 PM to 8:15 PM in room 130 WMB
Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Saxophones: 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM in room 205 WMB
Monday, January 23, 2023
- Violins: 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM, room to be announced
- Cellos: starting at 6:30 PM, room to be announced
- Violas: starting at 8:00 PM, room to be announced