Large Concert Ensemble AuditionsEnsembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia (Opera and Chamber Orchestra)
Membership in these ensembles is determined by a juried audition that takes place during the first week of classes in August for the fall semester and in late November or early December for the spring semester. Audition music is available in May for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. Printed copies can be obtained from the Glenn Korff School of Music’s instrumental music faculty or by downloading the music from this web page when it becomes available.
Auditions take place in Westbrook Music Building (WMB) and Kimball Recital Hall (KRH) as noted in the schedule on this page.
2018 SPRING SEMESTER AUDITION SCHEDULE
The schedule and audition music will be posted as the information becomes available. Note that the schedule was revised on October 23, 2017.
Wednesday, November 29
- 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM: all clarinets in room 104 WMB
- 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM: flutes in room 130 WMB
Thursday, November 30
- 5:00 PM: oboes in room 109 WMB
Monday, December 4
- 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM: trumpets and horns in room 114 WMB
- 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM: low brass in room 105 WMB
Tuesday, December 5
- 4:30 PM: bassoons in room 231 WMB
Sunday, December 10
- 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM: saxophones in room 205 WMB. Note that candidates must perform scales and sight reading.
Please note: Any percussion student not majoring in music who wishes to audition for a spring semester concert ensemble should contact Dr. David Hall.
Sunday, January 7
- 7:00 PM: cellos in WMB room to be announced