School of Criminology and Criminal JusticeFor a rewarding career consider Criminology and Criminal Justice (CRCJ) at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Our faculty members are widely recognized for teaching, research and service. For example, Dr. Chris Eskridge, a renowned faculty member, is a former Fulbright recipient and currently serves as the Director of the American Society of Criminology, the largest professional criminological society in the world. Also, a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice provides endless career opportunities. Our graduates have gone on to successful careers employed as:
- Private Attorneys
- Defense Attorneys
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Federal Agents
- Probation and Parole Officers
- Juvenile Service Officers
- Correctional Caseworkers
- Administrators of numerous criminal justice agencies
- Many other positions in the criminal justice field
The School of Criminology and Criminal Justice provides numerous opportunities to enhance your education. As a student you will:
- Prepare yourself by completing an academically challenging program.
- Have the opportunity to intern with over 50 local, state, federal and private agencies through the Criminal Justice Internship program.
- Network with our Criminal Justice Student Association (CJSA). Recent CJSA guest speakers included:
- Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Administrator from the Department of Homeland Security
- Former officer with Narcotics at New York Police Department in Manhattan
Gang Unit Probation Officer with Nebraska Probation
Manager and Blood Spatter Expert, Lincoln Police Department Crime Lab
Criminal Law Attorney, Berry Law Firm
International Corrections consultant
Participate in Alpha Phi Sigma (national criminal justice honor society), the Criminal Justice London Study Abroad Program, the Juvenile Justice Mentoring Program and more.