Faculty/Staff Disability Services

Process for Requesting Accommodations for Faculty and Staff

To request alternative work arrangements due to COVID-19, please begin by filling out an Accommodation Planning Request in Step 2 below. Further information and instructions about the next steps of the process will be sent to the email you provide on this form.

To request academic accommodations for students, please contact Services for Students with Disabilities.

  1. 1
    Contact Faculty/Staff Disability Services

    You may reach out to your supervisor or email access@unl.edu to set up a confidential consultation with a Faculty/Staff Disability Services staff member to develop an accommodation plan under the Americans with Disabilities Act. You may also contact us by phone at Institutional Equity and Compliance, (402) 472-3417.

  2. 2
    Gather Important Documents

    Faculty/Staff Disability Services will work with you to gather and complete:

  3. 3
    Consult About Your Plan

    Faculty/Staff Disability Services will coordinate an interactive process involving you and your supervisor to develop an accommodation plan. Once the plan is developed, we will provide copies of the accommodation plan to you and your supervisor. Our office will maintain the original document.

  4. 4
    Revise as Circumstances Change

    At any time, you may reach out to your supervisor or Faculty/Staff Disability Services to request a revision to your accommodation plan to reflect changes in job description, medical condition, or availability of accommodation technology. It is the faculty/staff member’s responsibility to notify their supervisor or Faculty/Staff Disability Services to request a revision to their plan.

Faculty/Staff Disability Services Contacts

Deb Huryta

Contact Deb if you are a faculty or staff member.

Jill Flagel

Contact Jill if you are a faculty or staff member.

Jeremy Sydik

Contact Jeremy with questions about technology options and solutions.

Emily Nealeigh

Contact Emily with questions or to contact any Faculty/Staff Disability Services member.

Ryan Fette

Contact Ryan for trainings about Faculty/Staff Disability Services.

Ryan uses he/him/his pronouns.