The Great Plains Art Museum and the offices of the Center for Great Plains Studies are housed in 1155 Q St, Hewit Place, on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's City Campus. (See full campus map)
Off-street parking is available at Que Place Parking Garage, next to Hewit Place. The garage entrance is at the northeast corner of 11th and Q streets.
Effective August 11, 2020:
Hours: Tuesday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Sundays, Mondays, and major U.S. and University holidays
We are following University procedures to help keep you and our campus community safe.
Please review our updated Visitor Guidelines to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have had contact with someone with symptoms or a positive diagnosis, we respectfully encourage you to visit the museum at another time.
- Please sanitize your hands at one of our provided stations.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance from museum staff and other visitors not in your group.
- Per University policy, face coverings are required for all visitors over the age of 2 years. We have complimentary face coverings and alternatives available for our visitors who may need them.
- We are limiting museum capacity to 15 visitors at one time. Group sizes are limited to 8 per party. Groups larger than 6 are encouraged to make a reservation using our online form (below).
- Visitors are encouraged to limit the items they bring into the museum. Food and drink are not permitted inside the museum.
- Please note that the Mezzanine level and Wunder Library are currently closed to the public. Materials from the Christlieb Library are searchable through UNL’s library catalog and are still available for viewing in the museum by appointment only. Contact the museum to schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our museum store is open! Please review these guidelines before you begin shopping:
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to only touch merchandise they intend to purchase.
- Payment by debit and credit card only.
- All sales are final.
Starting September 1, tours will be offered on a limited basis at the discretion and availability of the Museum Director. Tour group sizes are limited to 8 per group. To request a tour, fill out our tour request form below.
Groups are welcome to visit the museum and tour at their own pace, but we still ask that you fill out our online tour form (below) so we can be prepared for your arrival.
Guided tours can connect the exhibition with themes or content that your students/group may be interested in or provide a general overview of artwork on view.
All tours are free and open to all.
Please fill out the tour request form below to schedule a guided or self-guided tour.