About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, November 17
- 5:30 AM Westbrook Music Building open for band members, staff and faculty.
- 6:00 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 6:30 AM Full marching band rehearsal in the stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner of the stadium).
- 8:00 AM End of CMB marching band and alumni outdoor rehearsal.
- 8:30 AM Football Friday pep band performance at the President's Pre-Game Event at the Lied Commons
- 8:30 AM Robber's Cave pep band performance at the Chancellors's Pre-Game Event at the Nebraska Union
- 8:30 AM Misty's pep band performance at the Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium.
- 9:00 AM Uniform inspection, 119 WMB.
- 9:30 AM Meeting in 132 WMB for all CMB members except percussion battery. Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 10:00 AM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall.
- 10:15 AM Full marching band departs WMB for the Stadium.
- 11:00 AM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Michigan State football game.
- 2:30 PM Approximate time that the marching band will depart the Stadium for Westbrook Music Building.
- 3:00 PM Clean WMB (sign-up with the graduate assistants)
- 4:00 PM Band is dismissed after WMB clean-up is finished and rooms have been re-set.
Cornhusker Marching Band Highlights Concert, Lied Center for Performing Arts, Thursday, November 29, 7:30 PM
Admission is $20 adults; $10 students/seniors. Contact the Lied Center Ticket Office at 402.472.4747 to purchase tickets. Schools interested in group discounts should contact the Band Office at 402.472.2505 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the group discount order form. The discount order deadline is November 20, 2018.