Students who seek accommodations at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln must
- Complete SSD Application for Services. (https://go.unl.edu/ssdapplication)
- Provide documentation of their disability from an appropriate, licensed professional. The documentation must include the diagnosed condition, the treatment being provided (if any) and it can also suggest accommodations. Below are forms that licensed professionals can use to provide this information:
- Attention Deficit Disorders Form
- Chronic Health Disabilities Form
- Mental Health Disabilities Form
If the student is applying for specific room accommodations, their medical provider should complete and submit the Medical Verification for Housing Accommodations Form IN ADDITION TO one of the preceding forms.
- Medical Verification for Housing Accommodations Form
https://www.unl.edu/ssd/PDFs/2022 Housing Accommodation Form.pdf
If you believe you may have disability-related food allergies or other dietary needs related to a disability, please contact Ellyn McCarter, RD, LMNT at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ellyn will share resources and options on a case-by-case basis.