UNL Classroom

SSD coordinates Sign Language Interpreting services for University of Nebraska–Lincoln employees. Faculty and staff must have an accommodation plan on file with the Faculty/Staff Disability Services. Requests for on-going or single events are submitted by the sponsoring department and faxed or mailed to the SSD office.

It is the responsibility of the department and/or sponsoring organization of any event, program, or activity to arrange and pay for requested sign language interpreting services for an individual with a disability who requests this service. Requests must be made in a timely manner and follow the procedures outlined in departmental requests for services.

Procedures for Service Requests