Cornhusker Summer Marching Band Camp - July 8th - 12th 2018
Registration is February 5, 2018 to 11:59 PM on June 8, 2018
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln Cornhusker Summer Marching Band Camp fosters leadership, marching fundamentals, and performance skills in all areas of the high school marching band. Participants receive intensive instruction from clinicians on an individual and group basis. The age range of campers is students entering the 9th grade through leaving 12th grade (including graduates).
Most clinic sessions take place outdoors, so participants must come prepared with sunscreen, cool clothing and athletic shoes. The camp finale is an exhibition performance in Memorial Stadium on the final day of the camp. All camp participants perform at this exhibition. All campers are encouraged to live on campus during the camp to take full advantage of evening work sessions and planned activities. Students choosing the resident camper package live in a campus residence hall and dine in the hall's cafeteria. Each floor is supervised by several live-in counselors. Campers must provide their own musical instrument and all accessories such as music lyres, percussion sticks, and flip folders. The University Band Program can provide a limited number of front ensemble percussion instruments. Lockers are available in Westbrook Music Building.
Equipment list for all campers (what to bring with you):
- your instrument or flag and pole
- cool, comfortable clothing
- light, rain coat or poncho
- athletic shoes
- water bottle
- sun block
- band aids
- all medications
Conference Services is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to guests with disabilities. In order to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made, guests with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations must contact the Director of Services for Students with Disabilities at 402/472-3787 at least three weeks prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. Please be prepared to tell that office the name of the conference/camp and dates of attendance.
Summer Marching Band Camp Costs
Camp registration is scheduled for February 5, 2018 to 11:59 PM on June 8, 2018. We do not accept registrations after the deadline.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not offer scholarships or reduced fees for the Summer Marching Band Camp. Registration fees are not refundable. Note that registration is handled by Slide Room, a non-University, web site company that is set up to handle credit card transactions in a secure manner. Please inform all parties with signature power on your credit card that Slide Room is the payee for the registration transaction, NOT the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
NON-RESIDENT (DAY) CAMPER PACKAGE: $290.00
Campers attend classes and rehearsal sessions from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. under the supervision of clinicians, staff counselors and Glenn Korff School of Music students. Lunch and dinner is included with this package.
Registration period February 5, 2018 through 11:59 PM on June 8, 2018
Contact the band office at firstname.lastname@example.org before beginning the registration form if you will be receiving a scholarship from your school or a community organization. Include the camper's name and the name of this camp in your email message. This will help us answer your questions in a timely manner. Registration fees are not refundable.
Please note that the University of Nebraska–Lincoln does not award scholarships for the Cornhusker Summer Marching Band Camp.
- Do not wait until the deadline date to begin the registration form. We will not extend the registration deadline.
- Go to the Slide Room web page located at https://unlarts.slideroom.com/#/Login.
- Set up an account using the participant's (CAMPER’S) name, an e-mail address that you check regularly, and a password of your choice. Note: multiple campers from the same family may NOT use the same account information. This software requires a unique name and email address for each camper. Be sure to click the SIGN UP button on your first entry. You will be sent an email with a link to activate your account. You can leave and return to the application form repeatedly until you have completed all questions. Click the LOG IN button on return visits to the application site.
- Follow the Slide Room instructions to complete your account set-up.
- The application set-up should be done by the camper's parent or guardian because permission forms and health information is included in the registration form.
- Answer all of the questions on each of the screens.
- The final step is payment of the camp fee. Credit or debit card information is required. The Slide Room site is secure. Your credit card will show a charge from Slide Room, not the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Please communicate this information to all parties responsible for the credit card in question. Note that you cannot return to the form once you complete all of the steps.